If you want to Root your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 and do not know how to go about it, it is possible to root the phone using ChainFire’s Rooting Tool Kit, a computer (PVC or Laptop), and the ODIN flash tool. The monitoring would allow you to monitor various Android offerings that aren’t accessible otherwise.
Requirements for Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500:
- ChainFire’s Rooting Tool Kit and this procedure is for only for the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 with firmware version XXUFNG1.
- Before starting to root the device, manually backup your data and personal settings before.
- Charge the phone so that you have at least 50 per cent Battery power remaining to avoid shutdown during installation.
- Turn ‘ON’ the USB debugging mode on your smartphone.
- Download and Install the USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 on your computer.
- Create a folder for the Rooting downloads on your computer / Laptop
- Download ChainFire’s Auto-Root tool for Android 4.4.2 KitKat and save to the folder on the computer.
- Download the ODIN flash tool and save it in the folder on the computer.
To prevent errors from occurring on the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500, read and follow these instructions carefully.
With the advantages of Rooting, one big disadvantage is that Root access trips the Samsung Knox which provides device protection, management and development options and this will render the warranty void.
Process to Gain Root Access:
- Open the folder and Extract the ODIN downloaded flash tool file and ChainFire’s Auto-Root to the computer.
- Switch off the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 and reboot it to start in the Download Mode by pressing and holding the ‘volume down,’ ‘home’ and ‘power keys’ simultaneously till the Android logo appears on the start screen.
- Run the ODIN flash tool on the computer.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 phone to the computer with a USB cable and see if the ID:COM button turns yellow on the ODIN flash tool.
- Click PDA, select the file “CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.zip” on the ODIN flash tool
- Click to check the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the ODIN flash tool.
- Click the START button this will begin the installation process.
- The smartphone will reboot automatically into Recovery Mode to install the necessary files. The ID:COM will turn green.
- Once the installation is complete, the phone will reboot automatically; this may take up to five minutes before the home screen appears as the software is being comfigured.
- Once the home screen comes on, disconnect phone from the computer by removing the USB cable.
- To check if the Rooting has been successfully completed and working, consider download the Root Checker app from Google Play Store and run it to check the root access status.
Sometimes the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 phone may not reboot automatically into Recovery Mode (as in 8 above) which would prevent the root access software installation process. If this happens follow the steps below:
– Remove the battery from the battery slot in the phone. Wait a minute and then reinsert battery into the battery slot.
– Repeat the installation process leaving the AUTO REBOOT option unchecked on the ODIN flash tool this time.
– Manually reboot the phone into Recovery Mode. Remove the battery and reinsert it. Press and hold the “volume up,” “home,” and “power keys” simultaneously to start into Recovery Mode.
– To check if the Rooting has been successfully completed and working, download the Root Checker app from Google Play Store and run it to check the root access status.