You won’t find a house anywhere in the world without this electronic appliance. The name is Refrigerator! Now, we do not need to tell you how important it is when you need a chilled coke while watching the movie of your favorite superhero. But, sometimes it becomes important and tedious to maintain your refrigerator after it has been with you for some time.If the situation is worse, you might have to go for online shopping sites like TataCLiQ.com or visit a retail store to purchase your desired refrigerator. So, here are a few precautions to keep all your refrigerator issues at bay:
- Shut the door: This is the most important tip to elongate the life of your refrigerator. It is important to instruct everyone in your house to close the door of the refrigerator after using it. Not closing the door allows the warm air to get inside the refrigerator and spoils the food.
- Clean it on regular basis: Like any electronic appliance, dirt and frost are the enemies of your refrigerator. It is important that you clean your refrigerator from time to time to battle these enemies. Many times, we spill some things inside the freezer or refrigerator. If this happens, then we must clean it as soon as possible. One must clean their refrigerator once or twice a year to keep the refrigerator fit and fine.
- Temperature: Set the right temperature. A temperature knob is present inside your refrigerator. We recommend you to go through the user’s manual to know the correct temperature for your refrigerator. The freezer must also have the right temperature as per the manual. This will not only help your refrigerator, but also the food inside it to stay fresh and survive longer.
- Is your door vacuum strip right: This vacuum strip helps the door of your refrigerator to seal tightly after the door is closed. So, from the above article, you might understand how important it is. After prolonged use, this strip might come out or lose its effectiveness. Hence, it is important that you notice this change and service or replace that strip on time to avoid further damages.
- Don’t go empty: Always try and keep your refrigerator full of food items. This is important because it allows the warmer air to stay outside, which on the contrary will get in if the refrigerator is emptier.This will reduce the maintenance cost in future.
- Clean the condenser coils: The condenser coil and condenser fan play an important part in keeping the refrigerator cooler. Failing to take care of this might cause improper cooling and tamper the health of your refrigerator. While performing the cleaning, it is important that you go through the user’s manual to know the technical difficulties and ways to overcome them. While you are cleaning the coils and the fan, it is important that you don’t buy anything to keep in the fridge that day.
- Check the leakage: Sometimes, the refrigerator might have an unusual odor. We recommend that you take expert advice on this matter, before making any decisions on your own.
So, here it comes to an end. We hope that we have refreshed some important precautionary measures. Happy Refrigeration!