Counterculture is a unique venue in Bangalore. Located in Whitefield, it features a grove of trees, sprawling lawns, a large indoor stadium, a playing corner, facility for foosball, high ceiling industrial décor and a funky bar.
The best part is that it has some great bands performing here every weekend. Another feature is the showing of major sporting events on a big screen. The last one was the Football World Cup. They have a delectable choice of food options and a well stocked bar. There is no other way to enjoy a great outing with friends and family.
This place keep people hooked thanks to the live performances and great food. Menu includes signature cocktails, wood fired pizza and time capsule sizzlers.
Which are the bands that have performed and will perform at this venue?
- Chronic Blue Circus: It is one of the oldest bands in the city, formed in 1991. They are famous for their natural and authentic Blues music. The feature four lead vocalists with totally different styles of rendition. This band provides an amazing combination of mesmerizing voices, foot tapping songs and an evening of blues.
- One Girl Shy: it is a vibrant and youthful alternative folk rock band. The band consists of Kevin Vineeth Kumar, Akhilesh Kumar, Kerrie Smith, Archana Iyer, Shravan Sridhar and Megha Shankar. They are a local band playing great music.
- White Mug : It is a local , Alternative Rock ‘n Roll band with Sachu on Bass, Bebo on drums, Lui on backing vocals and lead guitars, Soona Rachel on vocals and rhythm guitars and Mathew on vocals and guitar. They are famous for belting out some great music as well as for featuring their debut video on Pepsi MTV Indies show. One can enjoy their music also on their You Tube channel.
Counterculture Bangalore also features a great Sunday brunch. You can bring along Kids, as well as pets. Have a nice time relaxing on the lawns, catching up with friends and family and let the children run around. You can enjoy a chilled beer or a mocktail along with food fired pizza or some item on the BBQ. The menu is continental with a modern twist.
The Counterculture Sunday brunch features:
- Live BBQ grills
- Wood fired pizza
- Signature cocktails
- A choice of main dishes
- For non drinkers- mocktails
- Metal bands all evening
Counterculture Hosts Some Leading Metal Bands in the Evening:
- Inner Sanctum: It is a local death metal band. The Band members are Chintan Chinnappa – Guitars, Gaurav Basu – Vocals, Suraj Gulvady – Guitars, Abhinav Yogesh – Drums and Abhishek Michael – Bass. They have won many awards such as the band of the year, 2009 (by headbangers.in).
- Cheisrah: It is a new metal band. The band members are: Amit (Guitars), Imon (Vocals) Thejus (Guitars), Amarjeet ( Drums) and Aamir ( Bass). This band is not local but originally from North East India. Cheisrah is name in Manipuri folklore standing for a bad spirit. The band is an emerging star among metal bands.
- Sky Harbour: It is well established rock metal band with members from Mumbai, New Delhi, Nottinghamshire and Maryland. They released their debut album- Blinding white Noise to critical acclaims in 2012.
These are some of the attractions at Counterculture.
Author’s bio: She is an ex-employee of an I.T. firm in Bangalore. She quit a year ago realizing her true calling- that of travel and writing. She contributes articles on the Counterculture Bangalore to the website www.eventshigh.com