A tedious job like window washing does not have to be hard. If applying the right means for the job you can make it seem much more easier and effective. You do not always have to use industrial detergents and various types of cloths to get the job done as some, perhaps the best ones, cleaning tools can be found right there inside your homes. Easy and compact and very effective, put the entire kit for your window cleaning inside a bucket and start scrubbing.
The tools that you will need for this are one soft-bristled counter brush, take some white vinegar or some mild washing detergent as a substitute, some sea sponges or larger polyester ones, include some squeegees attached on extension poles, lint free cloths but ones which have not been dried or washed by fabric softener as it can streak glass in that case, a pair of rubber gloves, some straight edge razor blades, a secure ladder and a non-ammoniated all-purpose cleaner, and you are set to start your window cleaning.
In order to maximize your window cleaning process and get the most of it, follow these steps and you will be soon experience very clean windows with any extra effort or expenditures on pricey products.
- It is important to start your cleaning during the time of the day when the sun is not directly shining at the windows. This is an important start because the heat of the sun rays can influence the cleaning fluid by drying it and causing it streak the windows and cause water spots on it.
- You will fist need to dust off the exterior frame of the window. Use the soft-bristled counter brush to dust away all the cobwebs and dirt that is stuck the outside frame of the window. Be through and do not forget the hinges, sills and tracks as well.
- Make your cleaning solution by using the white vinegar. Mix it up with some hot water by making one part vinegar and the other part hot water.
- When applying the squeegee indoors be sure to place a towel or a rag along the windowsills. This stops the solution from spreading and the water from dripping causing unwanted damage or unnecessary stains.
- The next step is to use a sponge and dip it into the cleaning solution that you have made. Make sure not to make it dripping wet though. These carpet cleaning experts recommend rubbing the window panes with the vinegar-hot water solution and do it softly by scrubbing the dirt away, but make sure not to touch the window frame with the solution.
- Get the squeegee wet as a dry blade will most certainly skip.
- Then use the squeegee by starting at the upper corner of the pane. Go down with it in an upper straight line. Repeat the process by going up again and repeating the downward stroke, you can overlap the strokes without any problems. The important thing here is that you use a lint-free cloth to wipe the squeegee off after every stroke. The finishing touch would be by pulling the squeegee of the bottom of the window after which you need to dry the still by using a sponge or a piece of cloth.
- After you are done with the window pane than you need to take care of the window frame. Use a cloth and damp it with the non-ammoniated cleaner and some water. Rinse the frame by using a clean and damped cloth and remove all of the solution which has gotten there and make sure the use a dry cloth to wipe everything off after you are done. Use the dry cloth immediately after applying the non-ammoniated cleaner damped one.
A special remark for those who have larger windows and need to deal with them. We offer you a method called the snake and this is something that the professionals like to use. Start from the upper corner of the window and pull the squeegee horizontally across the window. At the opposite corner of the window you will need to lower the squeegee to the water line and then pull it across the window. Continue doing it like that until you reach the end of the window and make sure you touch the edges of the window with a cloth.
This homemade recipe, so to say, is effective and efficient in all ways and needs of cleaning your windows. It is easy to utilize and make and it will take you only a few minutes to prepare for the cleaning. The overall cost is very low while the results are more than great.