Are you looking for the perfect window treatment for your home? Most people would agree that you can never go wrong with a set of good old plantation shutters in Sydney! Despite having been around for centuries, plantation shutters remain just as popular and offers a window treatment that is both beautiful and functional. How exactly is this so?
A Good Look at the Plantation Window Shutter
Now to better understand what makes plantation shutters such an excellent choice in window treatments, it would be best to take a good look at what it is and how it works. Browse through websites that offer great selections of plantation shutters like Inwood Blinds and Shutters and you’ll find that these shutters are relatively simple in terms of design. Composed of a series of vertical panels; a plantation shutter is generally made up of 4 parts:
- The horizontal slots or rails
- Vertical stiles
- Louvers ( the series of parallel slats installed in each stile) that can be tilted up and down to regulate light and privacy
- A tilt mechanism (usually in the form of a rod) to operate and control the shutter
The price of plantation shutters can be quite significant and it is perhaps the most expensive of all known window treatments. This is particularly true for outdoor plantation shutters made from premium hardwood like Basswood and Kiri. Nothing else quite adds a sense of elegance and beauty than a set of quality plantation shutters. No wonder it hasn’t changed much over the years but there’s certainly more to it than just aesthetics.
What really makes plantation shutters such a good choice in window treatments is that it not only looks beautiful but it also presents other advantages that you’d rarely find in most other types of modern window treatments:
- Energy efficiency – plantation shutters have been found to extremely effective in managing the temperature inside one’s home. In the summer, it can be opened to improve ventilation and keep living spaces cool without having to rely to much an on air conditioning systems. In the winter, it can be closed off completely to insulate heat and keep off cold reducing one’s heating expenses.
- Security – plantation shutters are tough and provide an added layer of security that significantly reduce the chances of a theft or break-in. This is particularly true for aluminium plantation shutters which is a common sight in many business establishments and some are even rated to withstand the force of storms and hurricanes.
- Privacy – a simple tilt and adjusting the angle of the panels gives indoor spaces utmost privacy whenever it is needed. You can let light through or block it off completely simply by tilting the control mechanism.
- Value – Homes with plantation shutters installed are valued more than similar homes with other types of window treatments. This makes it a good long term investment and one that is bound to pay off in terms of real estate value.
So there you have it, a quick look at what plantation shutters have to offer. In the midst of modern and less expensive alternatives, plantation shutters are here to stay and will continue to provide the same practicalities that shall remain ever useful in the generations to come. Visit http://inwoodblindsandshutters.com.au/ for more information on various plantation shutters.