Everybody admires wood flooring because of its classiness. It is elegant and provides unlimited and exclusive distinction in knotting, markings, grain and color. This, of course, will have its own character once laid down. The natural tiny knots and gaps enhance its looks.
Types of Wood Floorings:
- You will find it interesting that an oiled finish will have a natural and distinct appearance when compared to a lacquer finish, which has relatively greater water resistance and is easier to maintain. Therefore, lacquer finish will be a good choice in case children and animals play on the floor.
- For floors that are subjected to hectic usage, strong woods are excellent. These could be Jatoba the toughest and oak the most firm. Naturally, lighter is the color, more is the reflection of light. However, deterioration is discernible and fast. Also, the wood exposed to sunlight will suffer decolonization thus losing its natural prettiness. You will agree that damp places like bathrooms are not just proper for this type of flooring.
- Rugs can be used to soften wooden flooring and help you make attractive sectors in huge rooms.
- Wood has natural tendency to expand or contract depending on the temperature extremities. Due to this, slits may show up temporarily and have some effects on the beauty of the flooring. This can be dealt with by making a provision at the time of laying floorings.
- If you want to lay wood flooring on a new concrete floor, you have to do it after it has thoroughly dried up.
Let us take a look at various types of wood.
- Solid woodis unique type of timber with some unusual quality and innate natural characteristics. It comes in dark to bleached colors, wide to narrow sizes. It is long lasting and it lends great appearance to most rooms. Solid wood is amenable to sanding and as such, any smudges and scrapes can be evened out.
- Engineered woodis tough, long lasting and can be laid more easily than solid wood. Thus, it gives an aesthetic finish. It is made from layers of wood boards fixed jointly with a layer of timber on the top. The topping can vary from oak to cherry or maple. It resists deformation, crumpling and slitting, regard less of weather dissimilarities. It allows sanding at least for one time and is a good heat resistant.
- Bamboo Flooringis a natural creation and has various colors and press. Its natural feature enhances the beautiful looks of rooms. After the initial processing like harvesting, cutting, and skinning, it is made into strips. These are steamed after being chemically treated. In this process, the color of bamboo is decided. Subsequent to processing, the bamboo is made into three main variations like plain pressed, side pressed and density.
Selecting suitable wood flooring for your house or business is a difficult decision. You can visit wooden floor accessories UK for any assistance including comprehensive information, getting started, accentuating wood floor with borders and medallions and final execution.