From cosmetics, to hairsprays, nail lacquers, beauty masks, wrinkle creams and eye creams, beauty and personal care manufacturers have surprised consumers in many ways. Just when the buying public thinks every possible product category has probably been invented, a new one pops up. With superb marketing strategies, sooner or later, these new categories become a need rather than a want. That’s why you should not be surprised how you’ve ended up with a bathroom full of half-empty product packaging.
Why do you need an Eye Cream?
If you’re still not quite convinced why you might need a La Mer Eye Cream or a similar product for your skincare regimen, below are five more reasons that establish what could be a pressing need for your skin right now:
1. Skin around your eyes can be up to 10 times thinner than skin on your face, which makes it very delicate and therefore more prone to damage and signs of skin aging.
2. This area consists of very few oil glands compared to the rest of your face, leaving it dry.
3. The human anatomy situates the eye area on practically two holes in your skull. That means, absence of structural support for this area which makes it more prone to sagging.
4. Thin skin, coupled with a network of fragile blood vessels can give your eye area a purplish tone as the veins show through thin skin. Other than that, the thin, prone to breakage capilliaries can easily get stuck with fluid which, in turn, can leak around the eyes.
5. Every human expression probably involves the eyes.
The best eye creams help you address all the unique characteristics of skin around your eyes listed from 1 through 5.
Top 10 Creams to Try for your Delicate Eye Skin
To roundup what could be thousands of products that fall under the eye care category, below are 10 of the most impressive eye creams you can choose from to start your eye care regimen right away.
1. L’Oreal RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream, $17.99 per 14 g jar. One of the best performing OTC eye care solutions around, this product is formulated to help improve the appearance of sagged and puffed eyes as it also corrects wrinkles and reinforces your skin to resist further damage.
2. fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Eye Cream, US$ 43 for 15 ml jar. This antioxidant-rich, botanical-based product gives your skin that much needed protective function when natural antioxidants gradually begin to decline.
3. Éminence Wild Plum Eye Cream, US$ 70 for 30 ml bottle. This product delivers the full menu of your aging skin needs from protection and repair to faster skin cell turnover. Its combination of coenzyme Q10, horse chestnut, shea butter and green tea help strengthen skin around your eyes, including the delicate veins underneath.
4. Sunday Riley Start Over Active Eye Cream, US$ 85 for1 fl.oz. bottle. Made with 5 desert plans and Olive Oil, this product dramatically raises your skin’s moisture levels.
5. CeraVe Eye Repair Cream, US$ 12.99 for 0.5 fl. oz. Made with Niacinamide or Vitamin B3, this product enhances microcirculation so as to prevent fluids from leaking out.
6. La Mer Eye Cream, US$ 200. If you’re willing to pay a steep price for a miracle, this product contains a Miracle Broth formulated by Esteé Lauder which was activated with light and sound waves.
7. City Views Rapid Repair Eye Cream, US$ 67 for 0.5 oz. Made with argireline, the topical alternative to a Botox injection, this product relaxes the muscles underneath the eye area so that the skin naturally stretches back to its pre-expression state.
8. Almay Kinetin Skincare Rejuvenating Eye Treatment, US$ 15 for a 15 ml jar. Made with the plant hormone, kinetin, as the main ingredient, this product helps repair damages in the skin matrix.
9. Nivea Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Cream, US$ 22, for 40 ml bottle. Formulated with the powerful moisture absorptive and holding capacity of hyaluronic acid, creatine and magnolia extract, this cream facilitates continuous skin rejuvenation.
10. Olay Eyes Illuminating Cream, US$ 29.99, .5 oz. Beyond eye repair, this product is infused with light particles that instantly brighten hyper pigmented skin around your eyes. This is perfect with your daily makeup.
Not everyone needs an eye cream but eventually, everyone will. When you finally discern that you need one, these 10 products can give you a good head start.