Keeping oneself injury free while indulging in physical activities such as playing or exercising is quite important. While doing vigorous exercises or during sports session, there are ample chances of you getting injured or likely to have sprains.
Many individuals never try to do recreational activities like playing or swimming for the fear of sustaining wounds or have seizures. There are special equipment available in the market designed to keep you safe while doing physical activities. By utilizing them, you don’t have to take any risk of injuring your body.
The Safety Equipment Helping you to Keep Safe:
- Padding: while playing outdoor games like football, hockey, rugby, cricket and basketball players usually wear padding to protect their joints, knees and other parts where there is chance of bruising.
- Helmet: It is mostly worn by cricket players and goalkeepers of every game. Skaters and swimmers wear lightweight helmet to protect their head from injuries. Head guards are used by person doing martial arts to safe guard against any injury to head.
- Gum shields or mouth guard: It is mostly applicable in boxing, hockey and while playing rugby. As the term suggests, it gives full protection to your mouth. It is quite important to buy the piece, which fits your mouth correctly.
- Footwear: Any outdoor activities or exercises needed to be done by wearing appropriate footwear. Even while walking, you need a shoe having soft pad, but firm grip. Correct footwear will save you from having blisters, soreness and spraining your ankles. While playing right kind of cushioning is always required to save you leg or ankle pains. It even helps you to play well.
- Life jacket: Wearing life jacket is essential while enjoying sports like canopying, all kinds of diving, rock climbers and swimmers.
- Goggles: To give protection to eyes is quite essential. Sports like swimming, diving, and skiing, surf diving and snorkeling needs eyes to be protected.
Accessories of sports should be always taken proper care. Keeping them in good shape will surely protect you from unneeded injuries. Wearing safety devices like harness and life jackets will save you from any severe injuries. Devices like women’s weight lifting gloves for gym gives protection to hands and even help in enjoying the exercises.
Why you may get Injuries while Exercising or Playing Games?
Two main kinds of injuries are likely to occur anytime while exercising or playing games.
- Traumatic injuries: Sudden pain can be felt when you do not expect anything has gone wrong. The common symptoms are swelling, bruising and pain. It may be due to sudden contact with any material or person otherwise it may be due to some internal issues like pulling of muscles.
- Over- use injuries: This kind of problem occurs slowly. It may be due to doing certain activity to excess or you being unfit to do the kind of exercise. It can be avoided by taking training programs where your body gets more adapted to perform without any issues. The common examples of such injuries are shin splints, tennis elbow, stress fractures and golfer’s elbow.
Taking precaution is better than falling prey to injuries.