Web directory can be considered as an important source for attracting qualified amount of web traffic to your website. Besides this, it also proves beneficial in giving an effective online exposure and creates back links to your site. Similar to link building and marketing strategies, people have different opinion regarding the quality of online directories. Instead of paying attention to different opinions of people, it is advisable to know the ins and outs of web directories. This will help you to decide yourself if website directory is right for your type of business or not.
How can Web Directories Prove Beneficial for your Business?
The success of any website is directly connected to its online visibility. Submitting your site to quality directories is an important part of any SEO campaign. The process of making your website ‘visible’ not only to people but also to search engines involves constant link building and hard work. It involves finding a suitable category under which you can submit your site and then entering few essential details namely URL, title, description and relevant keywords related to your site.
Having your business listed in web directories will prove helpful to you in your online marketing efforts. It mainly provides two types of benefits: first is attracting relevant online traffic to your site and secondly its helps in improving search engine rankings to a great extent. People do check web directories to find websites in a particular niche. If your website is related to games, then you can consider submitting it to free online games niche based directory.
When you submit your site to a web directory, your business will be able to find relevant visitors who are interested in your business. Besides this, web directories provide high relevant, anchored and back links to your site for SEO purpose.
Top 7 benefits on how directory submission can prove a boon for your business:
- 1. Quick Indexing Of Your Site – By submitting your site to directories, your site will be crawled and indexed in a faster way in major search engines.
- 2. Higher Link Popularity – You will get two types of links from web directories i.e. one contextual category link and other unique directory listing link.
- 3. Better Rankings – Increased chances of your site to rank well in search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and other such major engines.
- 4. Brand Building – For giving exposure to your domain name and company in website directories, there is no other best medium than social media and search engines.
- 5. More Customers – When your website achieves better page rank, keyword targeting, link popularity and page rank will result in more customers for your business.
- 6. Social Media Sharing – Several web directories have different social sharing buttons which will allow your directory users to share your link with other users.
- 7. Targeting Keywords and Phrases – You can target keywords and phrases in web directory which can provide your site with targeted search engine rankings.
Thus, it can be said that you should not avoid web directories at any cost, if you want to do good business online.
Daniel Clark is the owner of one of the popular online business directories which is SEO-friendly and accepts both paid and free submissions for quality based websites.