Car insurance clauses can be difficult to comprehend at times. And, any wrong decision made due to the misinformation or lack of clarity can cause you very dear in the end.
Here are 5 things about your car insurance which you might not be aware of.
- About ‘No Fault’ insurance: Many people carry a misconception that having ‘no-fault’ insurance means that no one will be held accountable in case of mishap or damage. However, that’s not how things work! If you happen to hit a parked car or cause a scratch to someone’s vehicle while taking your car out, you’ll have to take the blame for it.
No-fault insurance only means that if you were involved in an accident, which wasn’t caused, because of your mistake then you won’t have to personally chase other party’s driver insurance; the insurance company will do so automatically on your behalf.
- Several factors impact the insurance price: When you apply for auto insurance, you are posed with a questionnaire, which includes your age, sex, marital status, number of years since you have held the driving license and so on- Your answers will determine the premium that you’ll be liable to pay every month or year.
Also, if you have been involved in the accidents on previous occasions or have been raised tickets, the insurance premium is more than likely to go up because of the same.
For instance, if you are an under 25 male, you’ll be deemed more prone to the accidents (by the insurance company) than a female who falls in the same age bracket. As a consequence of this, your premium is going to be on the higher side.
- Car type and age affect the premium: In case you own a luxury vehicle whose repair and maintenance costs is substantially high, you’ll also have to shell out higher insurance sums to cover it.
On the other hand, the old and non-luxury cars have lower insurance costs and premiums, simply because if they get involved in an accident, the insurance firm won’t have to pay much to cover the damages.
- Modifications on your car model will impact the insurance: Modifying a vehicle can affect the emissions that go into the environment. Besides, in case of an accident where the car ends up with the insurance firm, they might not be able to sell it further; simply because the modifications will render it illegal to ply on the roads.
As a consequence of all the above ramifications, an insurance company might not like your idea of modification at all. They can even penalize you to protect themselves. However, if you need to modify your vehicle anyhow then specifically look for a company, which is ready to cover you with the same.
- Additional privileges: You might believe that insurance is only good enough to save you from tickets or cover you up during a mishap. However, that is not all! Insurance firms also offer different sorts of perks, especially to their loyal customers. This might include a free towing service in case of the car breakdown or being awarded lower premium charges for sticking with the company for a considerable duration.
Some of the companies might also offer you a refund if you have not been involved in an accident in the last 6 months or so.
- Pet coverage: Some of the insurance companies also offer to cover the vet bills in case your fur baby was involved in your car accident- You may consider this if you frequently take your pet along on car rides.
For more details on the insurance packages and cover benefits, visit www.rcarparts.com.
About the author:
Tejas Maheta is the Founder of techiegenie.com and a tech geek. Besides blogging he love reading books, Learning new things, and Hanging out with friends.