Pointed at one end and flattened at the other, the nails are small yet serve its purpose proficiently. Basically used for decorative purposes, size and design of finish nails vary from one use to another. Someone new in fixing his/her furniture falls into perplexity of choosing the right one for his or her objectives.
- Its variety is endless – aluminum nails, box nails, brad nails, tacks, casing nails, copper nails, double-headed nails, finish nail, square nail, wire-welled collated nail and still many more. These all play different roles and hence are in use for different works. They also vary in size, both length and diameters, coatings or no coatings, with head or without head; its body may have rings or spirals. All of this certainly adds to the confusion.
- However, once you are certain about the work you wish to accomplish then the task does become easier. The user has to first understand the functions of each types of fasteners in order to use them efficiently. There use in manufacturing products out of wood, metals like aluminum or for creating sculptures is most common. Mostly it is the decorative purpose with utter neatness and almost no destruction done that makes its use all the more popular.
- Casing nails are of use while installing casings near windows and other apertures, while copper nails serve for construction and building purposes like constructing roofs and other decorative purposes. Whereas brad nails and finish nails are of use in carpentry. Most often, both are taken up as the same item due to their similarity in sizes. However, they differ in the roles they play.
- Finish nails are at the heart of every piece of furniture. Used during final additions or places where precise detail work is necessary finish nails do these tasks commendably. Beside their benefits, the user should correctly apply them to achieve the desired effect. If you are absolutely new in making your own piece of small furniture or planning to repair it single handed then it’s a tough call. Firstly, observe the experienced ones on how they handle it. Apply it on small projects, and work patiently. It is hard to locate such nails due to their small heads, hence mark it beforehand.
- Their total disappearance into the wood after drilling gives the furniture its final smooth look. Only the user knows the secret behind the curvy or solid piece of furniture. Further, on applying paint over it, the nails lose their visibility completely and reveal the beauty of the art piece made.
Due to the never-ending rather ever increasing demand in the market, they are readily available. One would easily get all types and sizes of nails in a hardware shop. Online market also offers all varieties along with home delivery. Therefore, if you are working on your masterpiece of wood and you come to realize that the stock of nails is over than just one click over the internet will bring the desired products at your door.