Headboards are a piece of furniture attached to the head of the bed. They are made of wood. The main reason of constructing them is to provide one comfort. Constructing them is a costly process. But you may not be aware headboards are easy. And they can be made easily at home. One can try his hand at making headboards by following these simple steps-
Making a headboard requires hardly any skill. It is a simple process. To perform this activity of making headboard you will need these things that are easily available in the market at a grocery shop. Some of the stuff can also be found at home-
- Nail gun
- Screw of particular size
- screwdriver/ drill machine
Now you can follow these simple and doable instructions. It will not take much time to finish this whole process and have a headboard of your own without spending a single penny.
- The first step is to know how much plywood one needs. For this, you need the measurements of the bed. Measure the width of your bed and add extra four inches to the measurement. This new added measurement is how much you need to cut the plywood. The height of the plywood is upto your need. If you want the headboard to be very long you can cut it in that way. If you are not able to decide, then go with standard 36 inches. Most shops will cut the plywood in that measurement on purchase.
- Next step is to cut the foam. You need foam as it provides the required comfort. You don’t need to take new measurements for the foam. The measurements of the plywood will work on the foam as well. Cut the foam in those measurements.
- Spray the adhesive spray on the plywood in generous amounts. And then keep the foam on it. Press it with all strength until you think it has sticked.
- Next is the fabric. Take your fabric and spread it in a safe place where it will not get harm or dirty. Then iron it very carefully making sure of ends. First know the type of fabric and how much heat it can bear.
- The batting should also be cut to the size of the plywood and add six inches also. Now put the batting on the top of the fabric. Finally put the plywood on the top of the batting keeping the foam side down.
- Pull different sides of the batting on top of the plywood. Repeat this process from every side and finally staple the sheet.
- After completing this process with batting, do it with fabric. Secure the fabric tightly with a stapler.
- Cut out the extra fabric and batting from the back of the headboard.
- To fix the headboard on the wall, you first need to insert one 18 inch French cleat in the wall. This cleat can be placed anywhere on the wall as per your requirement. Attach the two sides on your headboard and then fix the pieces together.
Hope this proves useful to anyone who wants a headboard fixed.
For More Information Visit :- Simon’s Decorating & Design